With your membership in the only AAW Chapter dedicated to Segmented Woodturning education you will obtain the following Benefits
- Opportunity to know hundreds of segmenters with skill levels from beginner to expert who are always willing to help you.
A forum where you can ask questions and discuss best practices with the best international segmenters. You will be assured of getting quick responses. There is currently a 9 year archive of discussions you can review.
- Ability to post photos and receive feedback and constructive comments to improve your skills
- An organized gallery archive with 9 years of photos to inspire you.
- View a collection of member submitted jigs, fixtures, tips, and unique techniques to help you with the ability to add your own tip to help other members.
- View segmenting related woodturning videos.
- If you are looking to buy or sell a woodturning related item, view our classified ad section of the forum
- Post your latest project plans to share with members and view in an archive of plans submitted by members.
- Ability to upload plans from all segmenting CAD programs to share with other members.
- View member biographies to learn more about your fellow members
- Receive the Monthly Club Summary with the latest news in our chapter and the segmenting community.
- Participate in segmented turning exchanges between members.
- Participate in friendly club challenges where awards are given.
- Attend the annual chapter meeting at the AAW national symposium (open to the public)
- Attend our biennial Segmented Woodturning Symposium (for a fee)
- Take classes from leading segmenters.
- Bring your Segmenting designs to the instant Gallery and view the largest collection of segmented work ANYWHERE.
- Attend the tradeshow
- Raffle with turning related items with a value in the $1000’s
- Attend a banquet which includes a member turning exchange, excellence awards, Lifetime achievement awards
If you are serious about Segmented Woodturning and looking to improve your current skill level, this is the place to be.
Segmentedwoodturners.org is a 501 (c)(3) Organization